Greetings Ladies! Yesss this entry is for the ladies. I’m so excited and honored to partner with my sister-friend/peer mentor LadyLight out of Austin Texas for this next 6 weeks. Along with a gang of lovely young ladies from Texas and Michigan. How exciting! Let’s get it!
Tuesday, June 19th will kick off a 6-week conference call/teaching/sharing/growing series with teen girls, based off of discussions from Joyce Meyers book—Battlefield of the Mind. You can get the book on your own, but it is not required for discussion. Although, we do recommend it.
Keep in mind that this blog entry will continue to run through the next 6/7 weeks. What do I mean by run through? I’m glad you asked LOL
Each week I will edit this entry by (adding more to it.) This will be a running blog/summary section for our Stay H.O.T Talks. I will label the summaries by number, so that way you can just scroll to the summary, and catch up where we left off.
Another cool thing about this running blog/summary, is that you ladies will be able to share your comments, as well as activity assignments! Our “no call” weeks, you will have an activity to complete on your own. Feel free to share them in the comments section below, along with your questions if you have any.
Stay H.O.T (Holy, Original, Teachable) Talks are a follow up to the Stay H.O.T. teen girls conference (https://stayholyoriginalteachable.weebly.com).
The goal of the conference and talks is to help us all grow in the Lord both individually and as a community of sisters in Christ.
We’ve learned it’s important to recognize:
- Holiness comes from God.
- You are Original because HE created you different from everyone else in this entire universe!
- Be Teachable by allowing the greatest teacher known to mankind God/Jesus Christ, to guide you into ALL truth so you can know who HE is, who YOU are, and who YOU are created to be. ?
It all starts with believing in our hearts, which is influenced by our MIND, with that being said…let’s begin to go deeper!
#faith #family #friendship #fitness #fun #5heartbeats #stayHOTtalks
*Stay HOT Call Summary 1
What a wonderful kickoff to our Stay HOT calls! It was great having 9 of us total on the call, from both Michigan and Texas. Felt as if we are all in the dining room together enjoying a feast with one another ?
Important Highlights to remember from our first call:
- YOU were created by Design by the greatest designer known to mankind! God. Recognize your worth. God desires for you to be holistically healthy. Mind, body, soul and spirit.
- We are daily in a battle. But we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood (people), but against evil spirits (demons). Ephesian 6:12
- The motive of the enemy (devil) is to kill, steal and destroy. BUT God, came to give life more abundantly. John 10:10
- The devil is patient. He is strategic when it comes to preying on our minds.
- Our weapons in this battle are:
- the WORD of God!
You are not in the war without ammunition.
- Our mind battles much. Ask God to help you when you feel yourself falling as it pertains to your thinking.
- There is much deception going on in our world when it comes to sex, drugs, lies, identity etc…Don’t conform (fit in) with the world’s system, be transformed (changed daily) with the renewing of the mind.
- God has stepped up into our world to give us life and have it to the full. Rich satisfied life!
- Our minds at times can be so wrapped up like a mummy, with the wrong thinking. God wants to unwrap our minds.
- Those that worship God, must worship Him in spirit and truth. Worshipping God, getting into His word and surrendering to Him will help set us and our minds free.
- Write down thoughts that are running through your mind in a safe journal.
- Read them and ask yourself…”Does this speak life to me?” “What does God think about these thoughts?” This helps to combat the stinking thinking.
- Replace unhealthy thoughts with God’s word!
- Colossians 3:1 (Foundational Scripture)
THOSE WHO MEMORIZE COLOSSIANS 3:1 BY OUR NEXT CALL GETS PRIZE POINTS FOR GIFTS!!!
NO CALL THIS WEEK INSTEAD WE HAVE AN ACTIVITY.–
PLEASE EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT TUESDAY’S CALL THROUGH ART OR POETRY….FOR ART YOU CAN USE ANY MEDIUM SUCH AS PAINT, FABRIC, MARKERS, & EVEN CRAYONS! 🙂 FOR POETRY IT CAN BE ANY LENGTH ANY STYLE! WHATEVER YOU DO PLEASE SHARE A LINK IN THE COMMENT SECTION OR SHARE WITH YOUR LEADER! THOSE WHO SHARE THEIR ART OR POETRY ALSO GET PRIZE POINTS FOR GIFTS!!!
Lastly, don’t forget our theme song from the week is:
- Casey J’s Fill Me Up: https://youtu.be/Inywc7hW14s
- This is great to play before, during, or after you activity!
HAVE FUN & BE BLESSED UNTIL WE MEET ON OUR NEXT CALL TUESDAY JULY 3RD!
*Stay HOT Call Summary 2
Hey ladies! Once again we had a great time together on the line with Lady Light out of Austin Texas, leading us in powerful truths from Battlefield of The Mind; When do we know our mind is normal? Yum stuff we learned! Lady Light kicked it off with a statistic from center of disease. ⅔ of Americans are overweight. When we look at what surrounds us in our environment, it causes us to think its normal. We can’t look at what’s around us to determine what’s normal.
Important Highlights to remember from our second call:
- We must compare our minds/thoughts to TRUTH/WORD of God. This is how we measure if our mind is in sync with what is truly normal.
- ONLY the holy spirit knows what’s going on in our heads and the mind of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:11
- When the holy spirit speaks to our mind, it is from the mind of GOD. This is a benefit. Listen and obey.
- The holy spirit only speaks what comes from GOD.
- When our mind is not at peace, it is not at rest. This is not God. He wants only peace for us.
- When our mind is not at peace, we should ask God why? Find out the why. Ask God to help us.
- When we’re anxious, confused, bitter, overwhelmed etc…we should pause and breathe in and out. Ask Jesus to fill us up. Help us out. Give us wisdom from HIS spirit.
- Learn scripture. Recite them back to God out loud.
- Our mind CAN be at rest in the midst of chaos! But only with the help of God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.
- Google scriptures on peace and strength. Meditate on them.
- Scripture should become a part of our language.
- Isaiah 26:3 is a great scripture this week to add as a part of your language it says: You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. What an AWESOME promise!
ADDITIONAL REMINDERS FOR OUR UPCOMING WEEK TUESDAY JULY 10TH–
REMEMBER OUR MEMORY VERSE IS Colossians 3:1 HAVE YOU MEMORIZED IT YET?
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1
Once you memorize it let your leader know! For every ACTIVITY you complete you earn points! For every point your earn you become eligible for gifts and prizes at the conclusion of our time together!
AND SPEAKING OF ACTIVITIES REMEMBER NO CALL THIS WEEK….
INSTEAD WE HAVE A NEW ACTIVITY 🙂 —
Write a letter to God about what you learned during the last call or this summary. What is going through your mind regarding this lesson? Pour your heart out to him.
Also, if you haven’t already, you can also complete the first assigned activity and still submit it. Activity #1 was to create poetry or art regarding the first lesson.
*One of our younger sista’s blessed us by sharing her art…What an AMAZING piece of artwork by Kennedy! Please be sure to check it out in the comment section.
HAVE FUN & BE BLESSED UNTIL WE MEET ON OUR NEXT CALL TUESDAY JULY 17TH!
*Stay HOT Call Summary 3
Good connecting with you all once again for our 3rd call. Always a good time in His presence. Where (2) or (3) are gathered in HIS name, HE is right there! Did ya’ll know Jesus was on the line with us? So forreal. LOL in JOY.
Shanell lead the call and here is a summary of the brief time we had together. Be sure to check out the podcast.
- Remember it IS possible to be at peace in the midst of chaos.
- Scripture should be our language. The word is sharper than any two edged sword.
- What good is a sword in its sheath (case)? Pull it out and use it.
- 2 Cor 10:5 Ask for peace in times of worry and fear. Casting cares on the Lord is to throw them at HIM. He knows what to do with them.
- Keep your eyes on the Lord. He’ll keep you in perfect peace.
- Worry is a distraction! It does nothing to help us. Why worry?
- Trust God. He will give us peace.
- It is impossible to worry and live in peace at the same time.
- Choose peace, NOT worry.
- Satan knows that if he can get a lot going on in our mind, it will eventually come out of our mouth.
- Use this exercise in time of need: Sit quiet before the Lord. Thank Him over and over. Imagine yourself on a beautiful sandy beach. Quiet still waters. Just you and God. SON shining on you. Quiet your mind. Breathe in deep. Relax. Embrace the stillness and HIS presence. 🙂
Stay focused! God wants us at PEACE.